The Black Bird Detective Mystery Series

The Black Bird Detective Mystery Series
A Psychological Thriller Book Series

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Make the Time for Your Passion

This morning when I handed a customer my first book, I was met with an interesting question. "How do you find time to write?" After a moment, I thought about it and responded, "I enjoy writing so much, I guess I just write whenever I get the chance", I responded. Satisfied with my response, the customer grabbed their signed book and walked away.

Once they left, I thought about it longer. With a loving husband, two special needs children, a full-time career and a few side hustles (I do web design, freelance writing and blogging on the side) how do I find the time to write.

Then it hit me, I find the time because I make the time. I love writing. When you have a passion for something, you make the time to do it, no matter the cost. I am fortunate to have a supportive family that puts up with me when I decide to take on a new project or task. In fact, they do a great job of humoring me.

If there is something that you love doing, find the time to continue it. A happy life is filled with purpose not materials. We are taught that happiness is tied to financial wealth. That is incorrect. Happiness is tied to your current state of mind.

Right now, at this moment are you happy with your life? Are you happy with your accomplishments? Have you found your passion? Are you indulging it? or are you making excuses?

Take stock of your current situation. If you are not doing what moves you then you are not truly happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment