The Black Bird Detective Mystery Series

The Black Bird Detective Mystery Series
A Psychological Thriller Book Series

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Stuck in a Genre Rut?

I am sitting in bed half-listening to one of my favorite movies, "Death Becomes Her". I am a Meryl Streep fanatic. She is truly my favorite actress. I love how eerie this movie is. I like to write about things that are not necessarily eerie, but that help you explore that mysterious side of the mind. I want to open your mind to other reading genres.

When I initially began reading, I was interested in Sweet Valley High books and the Babysitter's Club. My reading taste has evolved over the years. I leapt from those types of books into the depths of V.C. Andrews interestingly twisted novels. I enjoyed them all, from erotica to thriller. I must say mystery is my favorite.

Some will immediately tell you that they do not read mystery books. For whatever reason, it doesn't interest them. That is how I felt years ago, until I opened my first mystery and fell in love. I have not looked back. I need to keep my mind active by reading mystery novels. I like to guess who the killer or the culprit is as I read along. You would be surprised how much you enjoy something when you step outside the box to explore it.

Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment